Well, hardly. I’ve been missing in action these last few months and so much seems to have happened that it almost put me off coming back to my blog and trying to remember it all. But here goes…
- I got a First. I am obviously thrilled, and in a very uncool, blurting-it-out-all-over-the-place, kind of way. I worked very hard for it and gave myself a great many hours grief about whether my work was ‘good enough’, so now it appears it was, I’m trying to enjoy it.
- I’ve been accepted onto the MA Art Practice course at Glyndwr University. I can’t wait to get started at the end of September but I have a current dilemma about keeping the creative wheel turning now I don’t have formal studio time. I need to make time for art in some context in my daily plan, and restarting this blog is the first step towards that.
- My degree show is now moving, in part, to a ‘pop up’ art space within the building that used to be JJB sports in Wrexham town centre. It’s a huge space that’s taken a great deal of cleaning but it looks really rather good and I’m excited to see how my work goes down with a wider audience.
- I’ve worked as a visiting artist at two schools recently, including my first work with special needs children at an autism base within a junior school on the Wirral. I enjoyed both immensely and looking forward to doing more with both schools hopefully.
- I’ve also been offered two more visiting artist school placements next year. This is terribly exciting as my work in this area really seems to be gathering some momentum now. I love the challenge of coming up with a new project and then seeing it come to life thanks to the childrens’ efforts. I’ve got a fascinating project coming up in October, but more about that some other time.
- I’ve also been working with the artist Karen Heald, building her website to support her fascinating In-Between-Ness collaborative project.
- There’s also been lots of commercial design work thats landed on my desk, all very welcome, including the annual challenge: how many different ways can you say “Christmas turkey dinner”?
So that’s an overview of where I’m up to and I have a few other things in process at the moment which I hope to blog about over coming months. I’m off now to dust off my sketchbook.